Teaching, Research, & Graduate Assistants Waiver

Teaching and graduate assistants are eligible for NYSHIP; research assistants are eligible for POMCO. You are automatically enrolled in the student health insurance until you attend your assistantship orientation. At that time there will be a departmental transmission which will remove the student health insurance fee from your student account.

If you are a teaching, research, or graduate assistant with your own private health insurance, please follow the waiver process for domestic or international students.

Teaching, Research, & Graduate Assistants Enrollment

All processes involved with TA, GA, or RA insurance are handled by your union. Contact the following people for more information:

Research Assistantships
Visit http://hr.buffalo.edu/rfgrads.

Call the Research Fountation for information:
Sean O'Brian: (716) 645-4485
Rosemary Tripi: (716) 645-4482

Graduate or Teaching Assistantships
Visit http://hr.buffalo.edu/gseu.

UB Human Resources Department: (716) 645-5000
Or visit http://www.cs.state.ny.us/ebd/.